Pages

3.1.12

New years party

New years is a party that I look forward to all year. The party, in a nutshell, goes like this. Party starts at 7:00 P.M. and ends at 12:00 A.M. Guests come at 3:00 P.M. We end up starting early because everyone is already at our house before the party starts. We dance, and dance, and dance. All the kids get hyped up on sugar and the adults drink wine and beer. And we dance, and dance, and dance. But before all of this happens I look like somewhat like this all day waiting for the party to start.
Once the party finally starts (which takes forever because time is trying to commit suicide so the party won’t start) everyone gears up in a costume (we have a theme every year) and then we dance until our legs fall off.  This year the theme was star trek (in case anyone was wondering, YES, I AM A TREKKIE! And no, I do not know how to speak klingon). Also the person below is one of the fellows who came to the party.

One of the highlights of the party is, one of the family’s; that attends our New Years Eve party every year, brings fudge.

(above)Me happy again because there is fudge.
I know people who would have killed for that fudge, that’s how good it is. As soon as the Plate ‘O Fudge hits the counter it’s gone.

Sometimes, when I am able to claw my way through the crowd to the fudge, I can see the last peace disappear.



And then it’s gone! Thankfully there were three plates this year and I was able to snag a piece from the crowd. I snatched it right out of his mouth, and ate it!
Soda and bean dip are also what fuels our party. (Below me after dancing for 4 hours straight inhaling soda.)



And we dance.



Finally when everyone is done partying (approximately 1:00 A.M.) we go to bed instantly. As soon as our heads hit the pillow we are out.


The next morning everyone pretty much looks like zombies.
This pretty much concludes my new year, every year.


No comments:

Post a Comment